Est. July 4, 1894
The Cuyahoga County Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Memorial is dedicated to Civil War soldiers and sailors from Cuyahoga County, Ohio. The 125-foot memorial is topped with a bronze statue of the “Goddess of Liberty” signifying loyalty to United States. Viewed in the proper sequence, the large bronze statues tell the story of the war’s deadly progression, depicted with frightening realism. The interior building represents peace and tranquility. Bronze panels mark the beginning and end of the war, and features many key names that offered aid during battle.